In the age old quest to find the answer to the question what is the average penis size, a study was performed by the British Journal of Urology International (BJUI) measuring the penis of over 15,000 men.
The title of the study is “Am I Normal?” A systematic review and construction of nomograms for flaccid and erect penis length and circumference in up to 15 521 men”. The study helps us know what size a normal penis is… at least to put so many men’s mind at rest that they don’t have a small penis.
The review study examined different studies conducted on penis size. All the studies included penis size dimensions measured by a health professional that used the standard procedure. All the men included in the study were above the age of 17 years. Each study used in the review study had at least 50 men as participant to ensure there was enough variety.
Over 20 research studies were used in the review study. The researchers aim was to get the true measurement of the average penis size so that health practitioners could be able to counsel men in therapeutic and clinical settings.
The review study found out the following:
- The average length of the erect penis is a little above 13 centimetres (around 5 inches)
- The average length of the flaccid (soft) penis is 9.16 centimetres (around 3.6 inches)
- The average girth of the erect penis is 11.66 centimetres (4.59 inches)
- The average girth of the flaccid (soft) penis is 9.1 centimetres (3.66 inches)
- There is a weak correlation between foot size and penis length
- There is some association between flaccid (and erect) penis size and height
- There was an inconclusive association between the length of a man’s finger or the size of his testicles and penis size.
- Amazingly the researchers discovered that it is just 5% of men who have an erect penis length that is more than 16 centimetres (6 .3 inches).
There you have it scientific facts that give us the dimension of the average penis size. If you want a bigger penis size, you can use penis extenders, water-assisted penis pumps or penis exercises to achieve your goal.
The issue with quality penis extenders and water-assisted penis pumps is that they are expensive – it costs more than 300 dollars to ship any of these devices to Nigeria.
However, penis enlargement exercises are quite affordable to any man that is interested in enlarging his penis.