A new study that was presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association in 2015 discovered that when a man ejaculates regularly he can lower his risks of contracting prostate cancer.
As a Nigerian man living in Nigeria with our backward healthcare system, you should pay attention to this simple health tip.
The prostate gland is shaped like a walnut and it is situated under the bladder. It envelopes the urethra and its major function is to produce the seminal fluid that mixes with sperm cells to become the semen that comes out of your piss hole when you ejaculate.
With the way the prostate gland is positioned around the urethra, some of the more noticeable signs of prostate cancer include:
- The urge to urinate frequently
- A continuous strong need to urinate
- Experiencing difficulties when stopping or starting urinating
- Weak stream of urine
- Stopping of urine flow
- Pain or burning sensation when urinating
- Feeling of wanting to urinate even after urination
- Spots of blood in the semen or urine
- Pains while ejaculating
The research study linking regular ejaculation with reduced risks of prostate cancer was headed by Jennifer Rider who is an epidemiologist at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
The research study shows solid evidence that show that increasing your frequency of ejaculation would help in reducing prostate cancer. The participants in the study were asked how many ejaculations that they had every month and the findings were very remarkable.
- Men who were ejaculating 21 or more times every month had as much as 20% lower risks of prostate cancer than the men who were ejaculating less than 7 times per month.
In the study, the men that were between the ages of 40 and 49 years (which made up 38% of the participants) reported that the ejaculated 8 – 12 times in a month. It was less than 9% of the men in this age range that reported that they ejaculated more than 21 times every month.
So, if you want to prevent prostate cancer as you grow older, make sure that you ejaculate at least 21 times every month.